5 Easy Steps to Relieve Your Fear of the Orthodontist’s ChairDecember 27, 2021
When preparing for a first visit to the orthodontist, it’s not uncommon for patients to feel nervous. The patient may have heard about someone else’s bad experience, or have outdated notions about the amount of time each treatment will take, and how much discomfort they can expect to feel.
The orthodontist specialists at Scranton assure our patients that our procedures, materials, and pain-relief methods are far more advanced than what they may have heard about or experienced in the past. The care and attention our staff provides is second to none when it comes to delivering comfort and results.
Despite our reassurances, we know some will experience trepidation before their visit, so we offer some tips to help our patients feel relieved and relaxed when they come into our state-of-the-art facility:
- Choose the best day for your appointment. Try to schedule your visit on a day when you are not in a rush.
- Talk with us about your fears beforehand; don’t keep them to yourself. Once you’ve shared the specifics of your anxiety, we can provide details about what we’re doing, how long it will take, and what you will be feeling.
- Be mindful of your food and water consumption beforehand. Avoiding foods and beverages that are high in sugar and caffeine will help keep you from feeling jittery during your visit.
- Don’t forget to breathe! A deep breathing routine can play a big part in staying calm during treatment.
- Keep your regular appointments. By missing appointments, you will only be prolonging the time it will take to complete your treatment.
At Scranton, our orthodontic specialists understand the concerns our patients have. And we’re confident that our team can dispel your fears and make you feel comfortable during our treatment. Working together, we can create a healthy, beautiful smile that will last for years. Please contact our office today to arrange an appointment.